Tooth staining is common in almost every one of each age group. Some people get rid of easily with some lifestyle changes, but some need to take treatment to get rid of teeth whitening problems. In this article, you will get knowledge about certain teeth whitening options.
Many people complain that they are suffering from yellow teeth even after maintaining good oral hygiene. There is a range of causes behind teeth staining such as consuming too many acidic foods and drugs. In this case, you must talk to the dentist to get teeth whitening.
There is a range of options available to get rid of tooth staining. You can also go with home whitening options depending on your teeth condition.
What are the causes of teeth staining?
- This means when you consume too acidic foods such as tea, coffee, red wine, tobacco, and foods with dyes, these affect your teeth badly as well as the outer area of your teeth. You may get rid of this type of tooth staining with the help of teeth whitening toothpaste.
- This type of tooth staining from within the tooth. This may be caused due to excessive usage of medications, infection, tooth trauma, a certain type of illness, and aging.
- In this case, you need to get medical help from the specialist. This can be treated with the help of professional bleach for teeth whitening procedure.
Teeth whitening options
As we stated above, there are several teeth whitening options available in the market. Now, let’s have a look at options.
- Treated by your specialist
- Prescribed by a specialist to use at home
- Homemade teeth whitening solutions without the help of the dentist.
You must choose the treatment option according to certain factors such as-:
- Your dental history, including fillings and crowns
- The treatment method
- The type of discoloration you have
- Your age
- The cost involved in the treatment
Professional teeth whitening
Professional teeth whitening procedure is performed by your specialist in a clinic.
An in-office teeth whitening is useful as it operates too rapidly. The main benefit of getting in-office teeth whitening, it will last longer. In this treatment, you just need to spend only an hour in a clinic to get this therapy. That is because the hydrogen peroxide works too fast and has a high quality as compared to the goods that you carry at home for the teeth whitening process. It is advised to take in-house therapies whether you have receding gums than in-office treatment.
The home treatment recommended by your dentist
If you are unable to reach the dental clinic to get teeth whitening procedure, then your specialist can recommend a home treatment. He may prescribe you custom-fit trays so that you can get rid of teeth staining easily. These include gel, that you have to apply on teeth and must wear the tray for at least half an hour a day. You have to repeat this for several weeks to get rid of staining properly.
The home teeth whitening process
Activated charcoal is one of the best options to get rid of teeth problems including staining at home. To go with this option, you need to consult with a specialist first.